Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club

The website for the Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club

+3
mitch1965
bud1970
vauxhallnutter
7 posters

We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vauxhallnutter
    vauxhallnutter
    Admin

We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  vauxhallnutter Sat May 02, 2009 3:57 am

I am so p'd off its unbelieveable, the other site has been hacked and its all gone tits up. I have redirected the www.vodc.co.uk url here for the moment until I find out just how bad it is.

I have e-mailed Vbulletin and i am just waiting for a response.

I will have to go because i am really upset about this, all the hard work and all that and now its all possibly gone forever due to some interfeering toe rag!

I was only on there about 10 mins before. Go back on and there's a database error! so obviously been hacked - tried all different links to get into different parts of the site but nothing.
    bud1970
    bud1970

We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re; We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  bud1970 Sat May 02, 2009 6:27 am

Sheeeeeeeit!!!!!, does that mean members personal details could be comprimised affraid
    mitch1965
    mitch1965

We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  mitch1965 Sat May 02, 2009 8:11 am

Omfg!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

I hadn't been on since yesterday morning & just tried my self on getting in!!
    Grrrr!!

I hope it can be salvaged. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    envoy cdx
    envoy cdx

We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: We've been hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  envoy cdx Sat May 02, 2009 8:32 am

mitch1965 wrote:Omfg!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

I hadn't been on since yesterday morning & just tried my self on getting in!!
    Grrrr!!

I hope it can be salvaged. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I hope so too. Just have to wait and see I guess.
    bud1970
    bud1970

Post  bud1970 Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 am

any more news since???
    envoy cdx
    envoy cdx

Post  envoy cdx Sat May 02, 2009 9:46 am

Not heard anything myself.
    mitch1965
    mitch1965

Post  mitch1965 Sat May 02, 2009 9:58 am

bud1970 wrote:any more news since???

I still keep trying, i think my "twitch" has come back lmao!!
    vauxhallnutter
    vauxhallnutter
    Admin

Post  vauxhallnutter Sat May 02, 2009 11:57 am

bud1970 wrote:Sheeeeeeeit!!!!!, does that mean members personal details could be comprimised affraid

No personal details would have been compromised as far as i know, it looks like the hackers got in and disabled the site but nothing else. I sent an e-mail to VB support just before I left for work but they say that the info I need is available from the server so an e-mail has been sent to them so just waiting for a reply now.

I really do hope that everything hasn't been lost because there is a lot of hard work gone into the site and an awful lot of information would be lost.

If the info has gone then I guess we would have to start all over again which really right now I dont feel like doing.

I think I would have to enhance this one as much as possible so that this was the replacement. What do we think of that?

Anyway lets just wait and see what happens in the next day or so and go from there.

Thank you to you all for sticking with it and hopefully i will have some good news soon.
    mitch1965
    mitch1965

Post  mitch1965 Sat May 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Lets just hope for good news, but its getting folk back on if info has been lost.

I just hope it good news.
    I would have thought, that the format we had before could be used on here, if all is lost??
    vauxhallnutter
    vauxhallnutter
    Admin

Post  vauxhallnutter Sat May 02, 2009 12:53 pm

mitch1965 wrote:Lets just hope for good news, but its getting folk back on if info has been lost.

I just hope it good news.
    I would have thought, that the format we had before could be used on here, if all is lost??

Yep i think it could be but I just have to find my round the admin side of things. I am gradually working things out but its just a case of playing.
    liz86

Post  liz86 Sat May 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Grr ........................i really want to swear.

why do people do this :@ have they got no lives!!!!!!!!!!

mark i really hope its going to be ok x
    mitch1965
    mitch1965

Post  mitch1965 Sat May 02, 2009 1:05 pm

What amazes me all that stuff on there that could have disappeared. affraid affraid

gone for good including the memberlist!! I really wish i could be of more help, have e-mailed everyone i know on there. Shocked Shocked
    envoy cdx
    envoy cdx

Post  envoy cdx Sat May 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Happy to help out where needed Mark.
    vauxhallnutter
    vauxhallnutter
    Admin

Post  vauxhallnutter Sat May 02, 2009 1:31 pm

envoy cdx wrote:Happy to help out where needed Mark.

Cheers guys, you will notice that some of you are different colours now. This is the different ranks and the club members and mods will notice that there is a club member event section now which is only viewable by the said groups so we can put our events in there if we want to.

If this ends up being our permenant home (which as much as i like this site, I hope it isn't, then i will add all the area's and stuff)

I think it will be tuesday before anything gets really sorted so lets just enjoy this site as much as possible.

If the other site comes back (which i have to say is looking increasingly doubtful) then there will be big changes to who uses it and this site will be for the registered users and the other site will be for club membners and above only (well thats what i feel like doing anyway).
    envoy cdx
    envoy cdx

Post  envoy cdx Sat May 02, 2009 1:34 pm

vauxhallnutter wrote:
    envoy cdx wrote:Happy to help out where needed Mark.

Cheers guys, you will notice that some of you are different colours now. This is the different ranks and the club members and mods will notice that there is a club member event section now which is only viewable by the said groups so we can put our events in there if we want to.

If this ends up being our permenant home (which as much as i like this site, I hope it isn't, then i will add all the area's and stuff)

I think it will be tuesday before anything gets really sorted so lets just enjoy this site as much as possible.

If the other site comes back (which i have to say is looking increasingly doubtful) then there will be big changes to who uses it and this site will be for the registered users and the other site will be for club membners and above only (well thats what i feel like doing anyway).

A bit harsh really Mark, though I can kind of understand what your saying more likely to push people away than gaining new members with that approach.

There's always at way to get information back, so don't fret to much about it Smile Shame your not at the meet tomorrow, could have discussed it a bit more.
    iangte

Post  iangte Sat May 02, 2009 1:39 pm

wondered what had happened glad heres working and i'm iangte again
    mitch1965
    mitch1965

Post  mitch1965 Sat May 02, 2009 1:42 pm

iangte wrote:wondered what had happened glad heres working and i'm iangte again

How do Ian, nice to see you found it back, lol!! if we need someone to help get posts rolling it you!! Very Happy Very Happy
    iangte

Post  iangte Sat May 02, 2009 1:46 pm

cheers mitch, got 3 wip threads to post so theres a start, anyone know when the main site will be up, this happened to jov a while back it all came back up after a few days
    mitch1965
    mitch1965

Post  mitch1965 Sat May 02, 2009 1:56 pm

iangte wrote:cheers mitch, got 3 wip threads to post so theres a start, anyone know when the main site will be up, this happened to jov a while back it all came back up after a few days

Bank holiday aint it so could be tuesday
    Shocked Shocked
    iangte

Post  iangte Sat May 02, 2009 3:01 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cherry
    etd
    etd

Post  etd Tue May 05, 2009 4:16 pm

glad it's back working again....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:15 pm