Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club

The website for the Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club

How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers

Poll

Helpful?

[ 0 ]
    How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Bar_left0%How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Bar_left0%How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
    envoy cdx
    envoy cdx

How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Empty How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers

Post  envoy cdx Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 am

Please note: All Credit for this How2 goes to GSI-R who has kindly allowed me to re-produce his work from other forums.

How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Picture13tw.th

Tools required:
    Flat bladed screwdriver
    Hammer

To remove or replace a seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainer, you need to get behind the material covering your seat, but it really isn’t difficult and requires no stitching at all. I replaced mine while changing the interior, but it should be possible to do this with the seat in situ.

Firstly, you need to start from behind the seat and using the screwdriver, remove the rubber beading from the metal at the base. The material is attached to the rubber beading.

How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Picture20jl.th

Once the beading is removed, pull it over the seat cushioning as much as possible. If the seat is still on the car, you should be able to work from the front now. If you are removing a ‘button’, you’ll see the white retainer. This is quite brittle and is likely to break if you try levering it off. There are three prongs holding it in place, I suggest you use a small flat bladed screwdriver to lift each prong in turn over the ‘bobble’ that hold the two together.

How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Picture37yt.thHow2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Picture49hf.th

To put a new one on, simply push the new button through the hole and click the retainer on. This took quite a bit of pressure when I put this on mine which was leather – could possibly be thicker than material, so this could be easier??

How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Picture52ql.thHow2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Picture68ck.th

Once done, pull the material back over the cushioning and push the rubber beading back onto the metal base. Use a hammer to make sure it is back on properly.

How2 to replace the seatbelt clip ‘button’ retainers Picture79me.th

If you have any questions, please do ask.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:25 am